“ As the year draws to a close, we look back with pride on all that we have managed to achieve together which has strengthened the brand!
Card and Coupon Launch
We launched these two products in the month of March at a glamorous event at Wild Geese. The launch was quite topical in many circles and we managed to receive quite a number of purchases from those that had attended the event.
We held our first Dealer conference on the 8th of April at the prestigious Rainbow Towers. This was quite a landmark for us as we had not met in such a setting for quite a while. What was important to achieve in this meeting was to create a dialogue between the Zuva Team and the Dealer network for in order for this business to be a success, we need to work together as partners.
We shared with you 5 Keys that will help us attain success if we consistently practice them and make them part of our life styles:
Albert Schweitzer: ‘Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.’
– As a dealer, you need to be passionate about your business in order to succeed in it. You need to know each and every aspect of it to ensure that you are maximizing every single opportunity to make the business profitable for yourself.
– Unfortunately some of our employees do not carry the same passion most of us do, we need to create this enthusiasm in them so that we are all moving towards the same goals. Passion for not only the job but passion for the consumer as well, switching costs are very low and customers will vote with their feet if mistreated
– Passion is contagious, create a forum that will pass this on, e.g. everyday morning briefs that inspire and motivate, build momentum for the day and a reminder of our Customer Service Charter
– To attain your goal, you must first see it in your mind’s eye. Dream it to achieve it. We have to be quite clear about what we want to achieve as dealers and what we are going to do to achieve it.
– We need to be clear about our vision, know what you want to achieve
– Clearly communicate the vision to your team in order to work towards the same goal
– Alexander Graham Bell: ‘Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.’
– Success is not a matter of luck, at least for most of us! It requires practice, study and strategy. For us to become the preferred energy provider, we need to ensure we are fully prepared to face competition, change, obstacles and challenges. Change in the environment, change in consumer trends, change in competition, we do not exist in a bubble but in an environment that has a say in determining our success, are we prepared to shift with the tide?
– This is key, our teams need to understand what’s going on to remain objective, lack of communication creates unease and unease creates bad customer service and underperformance. Once we understand what the challenges are in our environment, through tools such as research, we can be better prepared to deal with them.
No great achievement comes without obstacles, physical limitations, the vagaries of nature or resistance from the outside world. We have to keep pushing until the market believes, as we do, that we are the best in the market, that our customer service is unmatched, basically, until ZUVA becomes the topic on everyone’s lips, we are going to have to keep pushing.
Helen Keller said ‘Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.’
Together, Everyone, Achieves, More (TEAM) As each goose flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the birds that follow – by flying in a V-formation, the whole flock adds 71% greater flying range than if each flew alone
‘Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.’ Michael Jordan. We are not individual Service Stations, we need to all work together to achieve great things – let’s learn from each other,
Sustain your success
– Create customer loyalty
– Recognize and reward internal success
– People don’t care how much you know until they see how much you care, be actively social in your communities in order to create loyalty
Vic Falls Golf Day
We held our first Golf Day this year in Victoria Falls in the month of June. This event was important for us to cement existing relationships with our customers and forge new ones within the business community of Vic Falls.
Whilst in Vic Falls, we activated Zambezi Service Station. The activation was a resounding success based on the sales achieved in that day. We encourage everyone to be creative at their sites in order to gain not only loyalty but the profit that comes with it!